Sugary treats may hit the sweet spot, however, they don't help with those love handles peeking through the t-shirt. Heck, what are few extra pounds against sweet cravings? Sure, keep telling yourself this and the next thing you know, your comfy jammies are the only bottoms that will fit. And if that hasn't happened for you yet, give it time. Someday carbs will find you and never leave.
Well, unless you switch to healthy desserts today. To be honest, they're equally scrummy, easy to cook and even easier to digest. Just like the unbelievable range of products by Epigamia.
Here's an idea. Why don't you take a swing at Epigamia products to whip up some healthy desserts at home? And feel free to go through our list of 6 healthy dessert snacks made with Epigamia products.
1. Pina Colada - Healthy Greek Yoghurt Bowl
Make your gut happy and bones even happier. This healthy greek yoghurt bowl is stacked with all the necessary goods for smooth digestion. Including Epigamia's natural greek yogurt.
Image Courtesy: Platings and Pairings
- 1 cup Epigamia natural greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp coconut shavings
- 4 slices of pineapple
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts
- In a serving bowl pour 1 cup greek yoghurt
- Give it a nice whisk and add pineapples and macadamia nuts
- Top it off with coconut shavings and serve!
2. Sugar-Free Healthy Kulfis
Recreated for a healthier heart, this recipe is an improved version of your good ol' matka kulfi. For one, we used Epigamia's almond milk instead of regular milk which ensures a low calorie, sugar-free, vitamin E and calcium-rich healthy Indian dessert you didn't know existed.
Image Courtesy: Fun Food Frolic
- 1.5 cups + 1 cup Epigamia almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 20 almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 4 strands of saffron
- 1 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp pistachio, crushed coarsely
- Boil water, add 20 almonds to it. Boil for 2 minutes. Cool and peel it after 2 minutes. Blend it to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat the milk to a boil with saffron strands and then simmer for 25 - 35 minutes till thickens.
- When it thickens, add the blended almond and heat for 2- 4 minutes.
- Add crushed almond, pistachio, sugar, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and heat for two minutes.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of rice flour in 2 tsp of water. Add that to the mixture.
- When totally thick, switch off and let it cool completely.
- Now blend it once more for a perfect creamy texture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Set in any containers you want, cover and freeze it.
- Pour the ice cream into individual kulfi mould and freeze till set. (for 6- 8 hrs)
- Unmold the kulfi by placing it under running water for few seconds.
- Remove on a plate, slice the kulfi, garnish with pistachios and serve immediately.
3. Banana Pancakes
How often you get your hands on chocolate spreads so yummy and healthy that you can pour a lot of it right in the pancake batter? And don't you worry about the calories because Epigamia's dark chocolate and orange spread is stacked with healthy fats (ghee) and omega-3.
Image Courtesy: Goodnesst
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Epigamia dark chocolate and orange spread
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp oats flour
- Gather all the ingredients and put them in a blender.
- Blend until you have a smooth batter
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame and pour the batter on the pan little by little.
- Cover the pan and wait until the top side of the pancakes gets bubbly.
- Now flip until brown
- Top it with more Epigamia dark chocolate and orange spread, and serve hot.
4. Baked Doughnuts With Epigamia Blueberry Spread
Zero hard work, sugar-free, no need to knead and baked. If there's a doughnut recipe that can keep unhealthy fat at bay, it's this one. And on top of it (literally), we have Epigamia's super tasty, real fruity blueberry spread.
Image Courtesy: Sweet N Spicy Living
- 3 + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (200mL) warm milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Epigamia blueberry spread
In a large bowl add in your flour, yeast and salt and mix well together.
In a separate jug, whisk together the milk, eggs, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract
Mix the wet into the dry with a spatula until you form a wet loose dough.
Cover tightly with cling film and lay a towel over the top.
Leave the rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours. You will see it rise and bubble up.
Once doubled in size place the dough in the fridge overnight, roughly for 12 hours.
The dough will be loose but will firm up when chilled.
Don’t try to work after the 3 hours, it needs to be chilled
On a floured surface, roll out your dough to 1/4 of an inch thick.
Using a scone cutter cut out your round pieces of dough. To cut the hole in the middle I used a piping nozzle.
Lay your doughnuts and doughnut holes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
Cover your doughnuts with a towel and leave to rise again at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
You will know when they are ready because they will have puffed up.
Gently brush the doughnuts with melted butter
Bake at 375oF (190oC) for 15 minutes.
Keep a close eye on them so they don’t get too brown.
Once out of the oven, smear your doughnuts with Epigamia blueberry spread and enjoy!
5. Coconut Yoghurt Chia Pudding
This 3-ingredient healthy dessert recipe is a result of plant-based coconut yogurt and almond milk by Epigamia, lots of chia seeds and your choice of fruits (optional).
Image Courtesy: Running on real food
- 1/2 cup Epigamia coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Epigamia almond milk
- Combine all ingredients together in a small dish.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and there are no clumps.
- Place in the fridge for an hour up to overnight.
- Once thickened, add your favourite toppings and enjoy.
6. Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
Sweet, cream cheesy, lemony and super tasty, this light dessert recipe can be brought to life by using a few pantry and fridge staples along with Epigamia's cream cheese. You're welcome
Image Courtesy: Le Creme De La Crumb
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter - chilled and cut into small cubes
- 227g Epigamia cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 inch pan with foil or parchment with plenty of overhang around the edges to lift the bars out of the pan before cutting.
Prepare the crust by combining flour, sugar, salt, and butter cubes in a food processor or blender.
Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form.
Press crust into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the filling by combining cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl.
Cream together until smooth. Mix in flour, lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla until completely incorporated.
Pour filling over crust and return to oven for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, then cover and transfer chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Lift the foil edges to remove the bars from the pan, slice into squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.
Let Epigamia and our list of healthy dessert recipes take care of your sweet tooth.