Whenever you will hear about adventure sports the first thing to pop up in your mind will be the thrill you will experience with an extraordinary adrenaline rush. Some may also think what if it would turn out to be highly dangerous for conquering all those thoughts we have some precautions, safety measures and must know things. You should always take carethese before going for an adventure sport.
Be Physically Fit
Make Up Your Mind
Don't Starve Yourself & Eat For Fuel
While preparing for an adventure sport you need not starve yourself. This is one of the most common mistakes made by people while they are getting ready to play extreme sports. Along with extreme sports fitness you also need to eat for fuel. It is important to have the power to go through with extreme adventure sports since they are tiring and takes up a lot of your energy. So, always eat and not starve.
Take Along Necessary Gear
- Start walking daily which would help in increasing your strength in the legs and with the help of practicing swimming you can increase your breathing capacity.
- Try to include vegetables, grains, and fruits in your diet to have more energy.
- In case of an emergency try to use an alternative contingency plan.
- Devote one day to the acclimatization if you walk more than 3 thousand meters in height.
- Always carry plenty of water when you are going for trekking.
2. Mountain Biking
- Prior to starting with mountain biking be sure to do cardiovascular and power work for at least three times in a week.
- According to your size and your physical condition get a bike for yourself.
- Always wear the necessary gear and study the route of the mountain biking thoroughly.
- Try to walk the route once if it is short so that you can get a good idea of the route. Make descents in the city with your bike to practice.
- Be sure to get a doctor checkup before going for this adventure sport for alignments in the joints of the wrist, ankles, knees or in the spine.
- Your weight should be relative to your height since during climbing it is all about 70% in the legs and 30% in the arms.
- Get a training a month before to learn about the positions in the hands.
- People who go to gymnastics and pilates before the climbing helps them being more flexible.
- If you go to more than 3500 meters in height you must acclimatize yourself with short walks.
- Before going for rafting consume breakfasts that would include fruits and carbohydrates for energy.
- Keep on walking or running frequently.
- Learn about the forms of communication to use in the water, what your safety equipment should consist of and what level of river flow you will visit.
- Always remember that when you start rafting go along with rivers that pass water quickly as compared to the ones that have obstacles to get around.
Q - Why is Leh called a cold dessert?
A - It is also known as Khapa-chan, which means snow land. Desert lands with extremely low temperatures are called cold deserts like Antarctica, which is the largest cold desert in the world. Ladakh in India is a cold desert that lies in the Great Himalayas on the eastern side of Jammu and Kashmir.
Q - What is the magnetic hill in Leh-Ladakh?
A - Magnetic Hill is a gravity hill located near Leh in Ladakh, India. The hill is alleged to have magnetic properties strong enough to pull cars uphill and force passing aircraft to increase their altitude in order to escape magnetic interference; in reality, the effect is an optical illusion created by the gravity hill.