Our goal is to empower people to discover and engage with other people, places and communities in their neighbourhood. We believe that YOU play the most important role in helping us do this every day – this is your platform. Every day, people come to magicpin to share their moments, discover and connect with new friends, participate in campaigns and discussions, and earn rewards for spreading more magic.
Guidelines for posting content
Magicpin is about local, social communities. We are a platform for people to discuss what’s happening in their neighbourhood - from finding that best place to eat out tonight, to getting that 5-star spa you always wanted at your price point, magicpin aims to be the one-stop destination to help users’ needs become delights. And we want to keep it that way. This is why we recommend all users to post, share and recommend content specific to places and experiences in their neighbourhood. The follow guidelines will help everyone build a better community around them.
- We recommend you to complete your profile – this will help other users discover, and engage with you based on similar interests.
- You are encouraged to post and share your moments at restaurants, salons, clubs, and other interesting places in your locality, with their stories in caption. Please always add the relevant location in context to the post.
- Putting up posts which capture the essence of the place and their experiences will help your fellow users understand the outlet better.
- You are also encouraged to ask questions about different places and experiences, and get feedback and reviews from co-users on the platform.
- Liking posts randomly (people at their homes, not in proper dresses, hazy pictures, not looking at the camera) is discouraged.
- Comments to a post not pertaining to or related to the post, person, place or their review on the experience are also discouraged. Please try and make the comments interesting so that other users also look up to you and want to stay in touch with you.
- Posting any misleading links in comments, and content that expresses obscenity, vulgarity, hatred, racism, or gratuitous violence is prohibited, and will face disciplinary action, including but not limited to permanent ban.
General Code of Conduct
We want people to feel safe when using magicpin. For this reason, we have prepared this set of codes of conduct. As a user of the magicpin app, you should uphold this code of conduct, as this is your app and your community.
- You will not threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimize or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason.
- You are responsible for any interaction with other users.
- You agree that you will not collect any personal information of other magicpin users.
- You must not use the service for any illegal purpose.
- You must not try to restrict other users from using the app.
We reserve the right to change these codes of conduct from time to time. Violation of any of the code of conduct above can lead to termination of your account. This authority lies solely with magicpin.
Hope this helps set the ground rules for all our users. Reiterating, this is your app and your community. If you see any content that violates this code of conduct, please help and report it to us.
KEEP SPREADING THE MAGIC!!