If diamonds are a girl’s best friend then, TBH lipsticks are her soul mates. So, selecting a suitable matte lipstick shade for you is no less than preparing yourself for war. And when you enter the world of lipsticks, there are millions out there to choose from – glossy, long wear, matte and many more! But matte lipsticks are our current favorites mainly because they are relatively long wearing and do not smudge as easily as the glossy ones do.
1. MAC Impassioned
2. LAKME Absolute
3. CHAMBOR Powder Matte
A non–drying triple action formula which has anti-ageing properties to soften and smoothen lips with SPF 15 to protect against sun and hydration effect of Vitamin A and Jojoba oil. It contains no animal ingredients. The lightweight formula which does not leave any gunky or goopy residue towards the inner rims of my lips. It is amazingly non-feathering. But this one has a very mild and pleasant fragrance which does not overpower your senses as you carry on with the daily hurry-blurry of life.
PRICE: INR 415
LONGEVITY: 5 hours or more
OUR RATING: 4.5 /5
BUY IT ONLINE: Chambor Powder Matte
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
5. FACES Satin Matte Lipstick
How To Make Any Lipstick Matte:
All you need is your favorite shade of non-matte lipstick and a few beauty products that you may already have in your makeup drawer.
Stuff that you’ll need:
- translucent powder
- makeup brush
- your favorite non-matte lipstick
This is how you can transform your lipstick into this season’s hottest beauty trend-
- Apply your non-matte lipstick
- Take your tissue and separate the layers so that you have one fine sheet.
- Lay the single tissue sheet over your lips and, taking your makeup brush, dust your translucent powder over your lips. By placing the tissue between your lips and the makeup brush you are essentially filtering the amount of powder applied to your lips. It’s best to start small and build up so that you can reach your desired texture.
- Remove the tissue and dust the translucent powder directly onto your lips one final time.
And Voila! you just created your own matte lipstick.
- To read how to pair these matte lipsticks , read this post – The Burgundy Story
- For our article on the best nude lipsticks for Indian skin tone – Click here