With my busy schedule, I get very little time to take care of myself and out of everything, what gets neglected the most are my precious locks. I’ve jotted down techniques for doing a hair spa at home that worked super well for me. What’s more, it did not burn a hole in my pocket! The best part is that you’ll find all the ingredients at home easily and the treatment takes close to no time at all.
Hair spas usually begin with washing your hair and getting rid of all the dirt and excess oil. This is followed by deep conditioning your hair and applying the mix.
Hair Spa At Home
STEP 1: Wash your hair with a mild shampoo properly. While washing your hair, concentrate on the roots instead of the ends and use cold water to rinse. It helps to close the pores and restore your hair’s lost shine.
STEP 2: Condition your hair preferably with a natural conditioner. Another option is to use unprocessed coconut oil by taking a few drops and applying it to the length of your hair to control the frizz.
- For a DIY hair spa, you will need:
1. Two Eggs
2. About quarter cup coconut oil/ olive oil/ almond oil/ castor oil
3. Two teaspoons of Honey (For dry hair)
4. Two teaspoons of lemon (For oily hair)
5. Two teaspoons of curd (For combination hair)
6. Two teaspoons of white vinegar/ apple cider vinegar (For dandruff)
7. Any scented or essential oil to mask the odour of eggs, vinegar, e.t.c.
1. Mix all the ingredients well and apply all over your hair generously.
2. Secure your hair in a bun and wear a shower cap.
3. Repeat the washing and conditioning steps.
4. Finally, let your hair dry naturally.
1. Use castor oil for thicker hair and faster hair growth.
2. Use almond oil for damaged hair to restore its health.
3. Use coconut oil for dandruff as it has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
4. Don’t use warm/hot water to wash your hair as the mask is egg-based and might cook up in your hair.
5. Use cold water to rinse your hair to get shiny hair.
6. If you are allergic to any ingredients, refrain from using them.
7. If the mask irritates your skin, rinse it with warm water immediately.
Benefits Of A Hair Spa Treatment
Hair Spa is a natural treatment that helps in infusing the lost protein in your hair. This hair rebirth technique also helps in building strength in your hair and making your hair bouncy and shiny. More than that, controlling hair fall is another one of the numerous benefits of a hair spa. For people who feel that their hair lack strength and volume, it is advised to do a hair spa once in every 2 weeks to nourish their hair and make them silkier.
- Deep conditioning hair spa treatment is designed to strengthen the hair follicles, nourish the roots & revitalize the scalp and leads to natural hair re-birth.
- It eliminates impurities inside pores and repairs damaged hair.
- A spa is a re-hydrating therapy that restores vital oils and moisture for a smooth, sensuous glow that begins at the roots.
- It will make your hair frizz-free, smooth and shiny if done properly.
- You feel relaxed after the head massage.
- It decreases the risk of hair breakage and split ends.
- You will feel light (you won’t feel that there is a weight on your head).
- The hair spa reduces stress level and normalizes oil secretions.
- The head massage increases cell metabolism and stimulates blood circulation.
OR, if you are too lazy to do a DIY hair spa, head to one of these beauty spas offering amazing discounts for a professional hair treatment and get your fix –
- Glam Studio, Gurgaon Sector 31
- VLCC, Sohna Road, Gurgaon
- Eden Wellness Clinic, Rajouri Garden
- Creme Salon And Spa, South Extension 2
- Toni&Guy, Indiranagar, Bangalore
- Club Citrus Unisex Salon and Spa, Indiranagar, Bangalore
- Touch And Glow Beauty Salon And Hair Spa, Andheri East
- Ashwini Beauty Parlour And Hair Spa, Kurla