During conversations with people who care about you, between the glossy pages of a lifestyle magazine or amidst the neglected contents of your email spam folder, the words "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" have chosen different mediums all these years, to somehow reach you. But despite the perseverance of the message, and even the frequency at which it pops up randomly, it somehow always lands on deaf ears.
If you've been a long-standing member of the "we skip breakfast" club, we think it's the right time to reconsider. What with all of us focusing our energies on positively remodelling our lives and adopting the habits we previously did not have the time to work on, here's a practice studded with both short term perks and long-drawn benefits.
Now we could present you with copious amounts of theory, facts and figures to restate the importance of having breakfast. But we are of the belief that making the assigned job simpler for you, is more effective as motivation. Don't have time? We have quick breakfast recipes.
The kitchen isn't stocked? Well, that's what minimum ingredients breakfast ideas are for! No cooking skills? These are ultra-easy breakfast ideas. And lastly, don't want to compromise on a diet? That's why we curated these healthy breakfast recipes! So, all in all, we've taken care of each barrier. And now diving head-first into the blog, scroll down to check out 10 5-ingredient breakfast ideas for the lazy lot!
1. Three-Ingredient Pancakes
I mean, who doesn't love pancakes? Especially when beginner level cooking skills are no longer holding you back from making some? These pancakes just require 3 basic ingredients, a few quick minutes and negligible culinary skills.
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup Or Honey (Optional)
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl
- Add the eggs and the cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients well
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame and add your batter
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and repeat
- Drizzle a generous amount of honey or maple syrup
Image Courtesy: Taste
2. Egg And Sausage Muffins
Eggs will always feature in every list of easy things to make for breakfast, and this one is no exception. This recipe can be created in a jiffy and is packed with protein so it's also one of the best quick yet healthy breakfast ideas.
- 8 Eggs
- Chicken Sausages (Alternative: Mushrooms)
- Melted Cheese
- Veggies (optional)
- Put beaten eggs, cut sausage chunks, cheese and optional ingredients into separate compartments of a greased muffin pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
Image Courtesy: Recipe Diaries
This minimum ingredients breakfast recipe might involve a bit of preemptive preparation, but the end result is absolutely worth the effort. It's a healthy breakfast recipe, that's light on the stomach and great to keep you charged till lunch.
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cups Dried Coconut
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoons Yeast
- Salt (For Taste)
- Soak rice and coconut in water for about 6 hours while you sleep
- Add in a blender with sugar and salt
- Blend for 7-8 minutes
- Add yeast and blend for another 2 minutes
- Take another nap till the batter rises
- Heat a pan, pour the batter and cook for about 3-4 minutes till the sides have turned golden brown
Image Courtesy: Pinterest
4. Nutritious Smoothie
If an aversion to a heavy stomach right at the beginning of the day, is what's been making you skip breakfast all these days, a smoothie is the answer to your prayers. This nutritious smoothie has barely 4 ingredients and can be quickly turned into a healthy breakfast recipe that keeps you full for a few hours.
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Pineapple Chunks
- Vanilla Extract
Throw it all together in a blender to whip up a filling smoothie
Image Courtesy: Science Of Cooking
5. Peanut Butter Oatmeal
A tasty take on the classic oatmeal breakfast recipe, this one makes use of peanut butter to add that extra something. This recipe will take you under 10 minutes to whip up but will easily keep you satiated for the first half of the day.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoon Grounded Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Boil water and salt in a saucepan
- Add the oats and stir in
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame
- Transfer to a bowl and add peanut butter, cinnamon and honey
Image Courtesy: Feasting Not Fasting
6. Waffle Sandwich
Another classic breakfast staple, this recipe puts two waffles and turns them into a breakfast worthy sandwich! You can also re-create this recipe as a breakfast for lunch or dinner dish
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Multi-Grain Waffles
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Cheese
- 1 Sliced Tomato
- Whisk the egg and onion in a bowl and add to the pan
- Cook until the egg is thick enough and not runny anymore
- Prepare waffles according to the instructions on the package
- Add fried egg, tomato and cheese as the filling between two cooked waffles
Image Courtesy: Kitchen Confidante
7. Spinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs definitely fall under the most popular breakfast foods, and this one takes it up a notch on the nutrition scale. Packed with healthy nutrients and energy, this is a simple breakfast recipe that's quick to be cooked and yummy to be tasted.
- 5 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder & Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Butter
- 1 Cup Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach Leaves
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add salt & pepper powder
- Add butter to a non-stick pan
- Add mushrooms and spinach to the melted butter and saute
- Add egg mixture and cook till solid
- Use a cooking spud to scramble your eggs and veggies
Image Courtesy: Poet In The Pantry
8. Fruit Salad With Honey & Yogurt
Now, this is one is an easy healthy breakfast recipe, that requires virtually no effort except for a bit of chopping. The sauce is low on fat and contains the goodness of dairy as well as antioxidant-rich honey. And of course, your chosen fruits will add all the more nutrients.
- Preferred Seasonal Fruits Chopped
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract to create the sauce
- Toss chopped fruits in a bowl and drizzle the yoghurt honey sauce
Image Courtesy: Taste
9. Cereal Sundae
If you enjoy cereal, but having a bowl of it with milk is getting too monotonous for your taste, mix things up a bit with this easy breakfast recipe. You can swap the berries for any other nutrient fruit bottom, like sliced bananas or strawberries.
- 1/2 Cup Berries Of Your Choice
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Breakfast Cereal
- Layer the ingredients on a platter
- Order to follow - berries, yoghurt, and topped with cereal
Image Courtesy: Jamie Oliver
10. Spanish French Toast
This is a great breakfast recipe for the days you will like being slightly fancy, but just as lazy. With a preparation time of under 20 minutes and the requirement for a few easily available ingredients, this is the ideal recipe for mornings that bring cravings.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Thick Slices of Bread
- Powdered Sugar
- Whisk the milk, eggs and cinnamon in a bowl
- Dip both sides of a single slice in the egg mixture and fry till golden brown
- Sprinkle with generous amounts of powdered sugar
Image Courtesy: Caroline's Cooking
Look to the sunny side, and toast to the beautiful day ahead!